Friday, June 21, 2013

Week 15

So I am in week 15 of this, my first pregnancy, and I can honestly say its not a whole lot different from week 12.

Everyone keeps talking about the magical energy boost you get when you enter the second trimester, the abating sickness and the improvement in hormones.

I think you are all a bunch of liars.  Week 14 came and went and I am still spending too much time ill  ("ill" is my kind and non-gross way of addressing what is actually happening).

I am still experiencing illness anywhere from 2 to 3 times a week, usually for about half a day, in the morning, and it is EXHAUSTING.  I am sleeping great, but its because it is taking everything to get to the end of the day.  STILL!  My attitude has also not balanced out as hoped.  I can go from ecstatic to  depressed with the drop of a hat.  It is taking a lot not to yell at people or cry at people or laugh at people in an inappropriate manner these days.  Last night at tennis, this girl who is very nice, and it is not her fault in the least, could not remember my name.  I just about jumped down her throat, all the while realizing how inappropriate that reaction would be.

This pregnancy stuff is not for the faint of heart.  However, I am excited and grateful to be pregnant.  I know the end result will be worth it, and though I would never want this to be reality, I think I could spend the next 25 weeks being ill if it meant a happy, healthy outcome.

So now that my venting about the disappointing start to my second trimester is over, I'll provide the stats:


How Far Along:  15 weeks

Size of Baby:  An apple.

Weight Gain:  I have been holding fairly steady for the last three weeks.

Gender: TBD.  My doctor listened to the heartbeat with his mini sonogram machine at our last appointment and commented that the baby had a high heart rate and that usually means female.  However, a girl I played tennis with last night commented that both her sons had high heart rates.  We will see!  I am honestly going to be excited either way, but I have felt so strongly about what I think it is for a while, that if its the other I think I am going to feel like my maternal instincts are out of whack.

Movement:  Not yet.

Sleep:  Like a champ.  I have become a big fan of the weekend nap.  I usually take a 2 hour nap on Saturdays and a 2 hour nap on Sundays.  It is heavenly, but probably cramps the other things I should be doing, like picking out a crib.

What I miss: Still missing sweet tea, I think because its so hot outside.  I am also starting to have trouble fitting into clothes.  I don't really fit well in most of my pre-maternity clothes and my maternity clothes, which I have not bought much of, still don't fit great.  I feel like I am busting out of my regular clothes so I believe that maternity wear/larger clothing is here. 

Cravings:  I am not really craving anything.  Such a disappointment not to have a fun "I had to eat..." story.  I am eating a lot of chocolate milkshakes/ice cream because its yummy, cool and I have always liked chocolate ice cream.  I don't think it has anything to do with pregnancy, other than I am letting myself eat it more than I normally would.

Symptoms:  See above griping.

Best Moment of the week:  I'm starting to bump out, so this pregnancy thing is feeling even more real than it did at first!


No comments:

Post a Comment