Saturday, August 3, 2013

Week 21: We have a Kicker!

As you can tell by the title, I have felt Peter kick since my last post!  Jake hasn't.  I am pretty sure he felt it one night this week, but neither of us is positive it wasn't just me clenching my stomach muscles because I wanted him to feel it.

Peter made his presence known around week 19ish.  I wasn't really sure at first if it was him or something else, but then I started feeling it more regularly, and not always in the same spot, so I realized what it was!  I don't feel him all the time, he usually gives me one or two kicks in the morning, couple in the afternoon after I eat and then I feel him at night a couple of times.  I can't imagine what it will be like when he is bigger, the kicks are harder and more regular!

All around we have had a busy couple of weeks.  Jake started a new job on Wednesday, or really an old job that he is going back to, and he has been adjusting to his new (old) routine again.  He is really happy so that makes for more pleasant evenings at home!

We also went on a little "babymoon" to Seaside the week before last.  It was so much fun!  All we did was eat, sleep and go to the beach. GLORIOUS!  I could have done some shopping too, but we just never got around to driving to the mall.  We took Yazoo with us, but I think that may be his last vacation.  He was really good in the condo, especially when we were there, but barked when we left to go anywhere. We got a lot of complaints.  He never barks when we leave at home, so I think it was just the new place.  Plus, Seaside does not allow you to take a dog on the beach unless you live there, so he was cooped up a lot.  We did take him to the doggie beach at Panama City one afternoon for about an hour, but then it started raining.

I only have a couple of vacation pictures of Yazoo, Jake and I never managed to take any, which is sad but typical.

In other Peter news, we put together his crib a couple of weekends ago and I received some pictures I ordered from Etsy.  I have also ordered a glider and an ottoman for his room.  Still waiting on his bedding and curtains to get here.  Jake finished painting the walls in the nursery, but still has to finish the closet shelves and doors.  I need to find a dresser/changing table and I think I want to buy a bookshelf too.  I may look for a little side table to put next to the glider so I can lay a bottle on it or book, but that is not a priority before he comes.  Really the only big nursery thing I have left to get before he arrives is the dresser.  I am going to try to find something thats white and matches his bed.

Currently the nursery is a mess and I am probably about to go spend some of my morning trying to clean up.  Also, we are going to register for baby Peter today!  I am excited to have a list of everything I need and once showers are over, I am just going to take the registry and buy everything we didn't get.  Its going to be the best shopping list I have ever made for myself, because I feel very disorganized and unprepared right now.  I hate that feeling.

I am getting into an organizing mode, which I don't think means I am nesting quite yet, but I feel like I have got to get a handle on everything before football season starts, showers and the last push at work to get my hours for the year.


Stats:

How Far Along:  21 weeks

Size of Baby:  He was 9 oz. at the last ultrasound, but my phone says that he is about the length of a carrot and weighs three quarters of a pound.

Weight Gain:  I have gained some weight, still not a lot, but I am bumping out now for sure.

Gender: Boy!  Peter James Malatesta. 

Movement:  At week 19 I felt him.  I don't feel him move all the time, or even a lot yet, but I get little spurts.

Sleep: I have been waking up at about 3:30 and not going back to sleep until 6.  My mind racing about a number of things.  Then when its time for me to get up at 6:45 I am exhausted.  Not sure why this is happening.

What I miss: Lately, not really anything.  I am a little unfocused, which is not like me.  It is pretty hard for me to concentrate at work, because I keep thinking of things I should be/need to be doing.  I guess I miss focus, if that makes sense.

Cravings: Mexican food!  I could eat chips, cheese dip and salsa every meal.  We have been eating it quite a bit lately, but I have always loved Mexican food.  I am on a jalapeños, spicy peppers kick, which is really not helping the heartburn, but they are so good all of a sudden.  

Symptoms:  Heartburn.  I get heartburn from drinking a glass of water.  However, it is not bothering me too badly, because I have had worse issues so to me this is nothing...yet.  I also have a continuous head cold feeling from nasal drainage issues.  I also have a new symptom  last night I got a REALLY bad leg cramp.  I am still limping around today.

Best Moment of the week:  Well its been several weeks, but I'll go with Peter moving around now!  Hoping it gets a little more consistent and a little harder so Jake can feel it!




No comments:

Post a Comment