Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Week 31ish

As of today I am exactly 60 days away from my due date!  Wooohooo!  I am ready for Peter to arrive and praying it all happens quickly and safely(and as painlessly as possible:))!

In the past few weeks I have been BUSY!  We have been out of town every weekend since September 21st.  I have also desperately been trying to get as much work done before my child arrives so that once he is here I can focus on him for 8 weeks!  Top that off with, we have had something to do at least two or three weeknights every week after work and I am going to be honest, I am running out of steam.  Thankfully, I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I am really trying to start slowing everything down by November 16th so that I can coast into maternity leave as much as possible.  Don't get me wrong, I will still have lots to do, but if I can at least get my work stuff completed it will help with all my other goals.

A few bullet point highlights from the past few weeks:

- We went to Starkville for the MSU v. LSU game and had so much fun!  However, it was definitely exhausting.

-Childbirth classes-Wow.

-Fun fact from childbirth classes:  I found out your insurance has to cover a breast pump 100%.  I have my brand new Medella upstairs in Peter's nursery as we speak.  I still need to get some things for that process, but that was a big expense that we did not have to undertake:)

-Passed my glucose test!

-We also went to Oxford for the UM v. Texas A&M game which was so fun, but also exhausting!

-We headed to Starkville  again this past Sunday so I could go initiate Abbey into DDD!  It was very surreal to be back.  When I initiated my sister, I was still in law school and felt like a student.  At Abbey's initiation not only was I very pregnant, but very old.  It was somewhat bittersweet to listen to officers complain about OC meetings and tell actives to be quiet, mainly because where I had previously felt like that should still be me and my friends, I didn't feel like that anymore.  However, fun side note, I took a boy to initiation.  If only 20 year old Christy could see me now!

-On the the weekend of the 21st we stayed in Jackson and had a really fun date night!  We had not been out, just the two of us, on a nice date in a while.  So we went to eat at El Sombra in Madison and then went to see the Spectacular Now!  I loved the movie and really enjoyed having dinner just me and Jake.  We are both hoping we get to do a few more fun date nights before Peter arrives and we are homebound for a while:)

To the stats:

How Far Along:  31 weeks, but 32 on Saturday!


Size of Baby:  He is 3.3 pounds now, the size of a coconut (and I feel like I swallowed a coconut)

Weight Gain: I stopped weighing.  There is no reason to make myself feel any worse about the weight gain than I already do.

Gender: Boy!  Peter James Malatesta. 

Movement:  I don't know what he is doing in there, but it feels like he is trying to kick his way out!

Sleep: I am exhausted all the time, but sleeping much better at night.  For some reason, napping and I have broken up.  I am really sad about this and hope that we reconcile soon:)

What I miss: I don't really miss anything per se.  I am starting to miss real clothes and having energy.  I would like to not break out anymore and also not have heartburn.

Cravings: Sweets!  I have always had a sweet tooth, but I feel like it has multiplied by ten in the last few weeks.  I was doing so good!  I was really worried about the glucose test and once it was over, I guess my body decided it had permission to start craving major sugar.

Symptoms:  Heartburn. Heartburn.Heartburn.

Best Moment of the week:  Taking Peter to initiation:)  Oh, and getting to hang out with Abbey and see how excited she was to be initiated!  




No comments:

Post a Comment