Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Week 27 and a Baby Shower!

I know I am saying this a lot on here, but I cannot believe how fast time has flown by!  I'll officially be in the third trimester on Saturday, which is just crazy.  I'm feeling slightly more prepared as the weeks go by.  Jake and I have taken a child birth class together this month, learned infant CPR and toured the hospital where I plan to deliver.  Almost all of Peter's big furniture and bedding set has arrived for his room.  I believe that I have got a going home outfit for him and he has several special outfits that I have bought/he has been given by sweet friends.  I even have some diapers now, thanks to Aunt KK, though I'll probably go buy a lot more in the next few weeks:)

Today I am in bed with a bad sinus infection (yuck!), but this weekend I got to celebrate Peter's arrival with some of my closest friends.  I had such a good time and I cannot thank all of the people who came, especially the people from out of town, for the festivities!  The hostesses did a great job! I have a bunch more pictures, but below are some I stole from Elisha's Facebook page!





Like I said, it was so much fun and Peter got a lot of nice gifts and fun new books to read once he arrives in December!

Lately I have taken to just sitting in his room and imagining what it will be like when he gets here.  I don't think my mind will fully wrap around the concept of being a mother until they hand me Peter after the delivery, but I get enough of it now to know it is going to change my life forever.  It really only hit me once we toured the hospital that I was going to be giving birth much sooner, rather than later!  Hopefully, Peter will stay put for many more weeks so that I can finish up all I need to do before he arrives!  Things like work projects!  Christmas Shopping!  Cleaning!  Buying all the essentials for him and for breastfeeding!  Etc.!

In the meantime, I am looking forward to the remaining showers that are planned and just trying to rest as much as I can between all of the fun, but busy fall events.  We are staying in town this weekend without anything to do and I am so grateful!  I am going to have to catch up on some work thanks to the sinus infection, but I also plan on going to the Rhea Lana sale and taking it easy.

Here are the stats for this week:

How Far Along:  27 weeks, but I'll be 28 on Saturday.  Woohoo third Trimester!

Size of Baby:  He is about 2 pounds now, the size of a head of cauliflower, and I am measuring 29 weeks.

Weight Gain: The weight gain has slowed, but continues.  I had a goal to only gain about 30 pounds total for the pregnancy, because thats what my doctor recommended.  However, that goal does not look feasible anymore.

Gender: Boy!  Peter James Malatesta. 

Movement:  I think I am birthing a soccer player.  Either that or a field goal kicker!

Sleep: I have been sleeping much better the past few weeks, but I am not getting my weekend naps anymore, so that may have something to do with it.

What I miss: Not really much of anything right now.  I could do without the heartburn, but otherwise I am blowing and going pretty good.

Cravings: No cravings to report.  Actually trying not to indulge in this too much.  However, I definitely have had leftover shower cake for breakfast two mornings this week.  Oops.

Symptoms:  Heartburn. I can also tell I am starting to slow down.  This sinus infection has really knocked me for a loop too.

Best Moment of the week:  Celebrating Peter with some of my favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment